Ip Transit

If the loss of Internet connectivity means loss of business, you can’t afford to take unnecessary risks. You need a telecommunications provider that can provide highly robust global connectivity and also competitive pricing and outstanding customer support. Bitcanal IP Transit service meets all these requirements and more. Ideal for fixed and mobile broadband providers, content network providers, cloud-based service providers and large enterprise customers, this is a service that you can rely on for your global Internet traffic.

We can provide you with 100Mbps to 10Gbps symmetric and uncontained transit connection, coupled with partial or full BGP session and outbound BGP communities for traffic selection. Bitcanal operates an international n*10Gbit IP-backbone with AS number 197426 (autonomous system). The AS197426 is located at around 5 Internet exchange points, where nearly 1000 further networks are reachable as peering partners. This means that direct interconnections exist with all these other networks, enabling direct contact with approx. 60% of the global routing table. As a result, we can secure optimal connectivity, latency, capacity and availability. The remaining approx. 40% of the targets are connected via globally distributed upstreams.

We aim to provide all our customers with a high standard of service that extends beyond the performance they expect. Our IP Transit service is available with a variety of flexible pricing.


Bitcanal peers with other networks at several Internet Exchange Points and we also support private peering through dedicated connections at our PoPs. With peering, a fellow Autonomous System will receive, through BGP, our route announcements as well as other peer's routes if required. The fellow AS will announce it's routes toward us and routers will begin to forward traffic directly between the two AS's networks without using external networks (upstream providers) or other peers. This allows traffic to flow directly either inside an Internet Exchange Point or directly through a physical connection between the peers without flooding the upstream links which are costly and should only be used for outside traffic.

Our peering policy is open and we are connected to the route servers available at the sites. We provide public and private peering on the facilities provided on this document: